In her last visit my sister-in-law taught us how she makes her amazing Tuna Cutlet. When she and my brother visited this time, we surprised them with our own version of the Tuna Cutlet and it really impressed them. Today I am sharing with you the same recipe. I hope you will make amazing cutlets and let me know your feedback.
- Canned Tuna (150 gm each) – 2
- Medium Potatoes – 4
- Large Onions – 2
- Green Chilly – 6
- Garlic Cloves – 12
- Garam Masala – 1/4 teaspoon
- Kashmiri Chilly Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut oil – for frying
- Egg White – from 2 eggs
- Bread Crumbs – As required.
- Boil the potatoes and peel them.
- Remove the brine from canned tuna.
- Cut the onion, green chilly and garlic cloves into small pieces.
- Fry the onion, green chilly and garlic cloves until the onion turns golden brown.
- Add the tuna and continue frying until the tuna pieces break down fine.
- Add the Black Pepper, Kashmiri Chilly Powder and Garam Masala with salt.
- Cook until the tuna is soft and well mixed with the onion and other things (almost like Egg Bhujia)
- Mash the potatoes nicely and add to the tuna mixture.
- Combine the cooked tuna with the mashed potatoes until you get a good mix.
- Turn off the flame and wait until the mixture becomes warm enough so you can touch it.
- Put fresh bread in a blender and grind them to make fine powder.
- Using your hand take some amount of tuna-potato mixture and mold it in any shape you want.
- Beat the egg white.
- Dip the tuna-potato mixture you have shaped in the egg white.
- Dip it in the bread powder so as to coat it completely.
- Heat the coconut oil and deep fry the cutlet until the surface is golden brown.
- Make sure that you fry only one cutlet at a time. More than one in the frying pan will break the coating and cause a mess.
- You can use any oil that you like. We have tried with coconut as well as sunflower oils so far.
- Beating the tuna while you fry it will make the meat finer and that will make the cutlet taste better.
- The Garam Masala we use is homemade using a secret recipe. You can use any Garam Masala available in the market. But if you want to know how we make our Garam Masala, you have to personally meet me and ask.
Let me know in the comments how you like this cutlet. I have posted mine in my Instagram feed. Thank you.